|Grand Gathering 2011|
We stayed at the brand new Art of Animation resort. It is a value resort but with the way Disney does everything, I mean everything, at such high quality, you would never know it. It was incredible! With our Disney dining package you get a refillable souvenir mug and my favorite way to start the day was to wake up before Mitchell and Logan, grab my Magic Band and mug and walk up through the resort to the restaurant and get myself a *free* cup of coffee. It was so calm and peaceful at 6:45am and felt refreshing to start what would be a very busy day that way.
|Swimming in the Nemo pool|
|Our section - The Little Mermaid|
|It's the ciiiiircle of life!|
|It was snowing!! (Frozen Summer Fun)|
|Toy Story Midway Mania with Grandpa & Gram|
|Morning nap on Daddy|
|Dinner at the 50s Prime Cafe|
|Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster|
|Here we go!|
|In line for Winnie the Pooh|
|Nap on Mommy during it's a small world|
|Be Our Guest Ballroom - AMAZING!|
|Us with Disney, Mickey and the castle|
|Love the castle at night!|
Day 3: Epcot
Day 4: Animal Kingdom
|The Tree of Life|
|Sleeping through the safari|
|The "mom, I'm done" face|
Here are some of the things I learned about doing Disney with a one year old:
1. No matter how many blogs you read on ways to do Disney with a kid, it's not going to be the same as when you did Disney without a kid. There's no matter of preparing and planning that's going to make it easy. You have to move at a different pace. You have to spend time taking care of the baby rather than just wandering around care free. So just mentally prepare yourself for that.
2. USE the baby care centers. Each park has a baby care center in it with a private nursing nook, changing tables, high chairs, AIR CONDITIONING. I was shocked at how empty these centers were when I was in them.
3. Be fair to your kid. We stayed in the park all day, every day. By the end of the trip poor Logan was tired and was done with being in the stroller or being held. The boy wanted to run free and explore. Next time we will be going back to the hotel for naps and a bit of play time. As the parent, you will appreciate this time too.
4. Unless you're fine missing all the night time shows and rides, don't go by yourself. Mitchell and I were so blessed to have Logan's loving grandparents and great aunt take him back to the hotel for the night so that we could enjoy Disney for a bit without a kid. Unfortunately we were bone tired by then too (haha) but still appreciative. We got to see Fantasmic because of this and that show is my favorite thing at Disney World.
5. Enjoy seeing Disney through their eyes. Logan was surprisingly enthralled by all the rides, shows and parades. He was mesmerized.
|on The Little Mermaid ride|