Monday, February 20, 2012

Homesick & a little bit of Texas

We have been in California for about 2 months and maybe it's just the change in weather from winter to spring, but I get waves of homesickness every now and then. I don't know if Mitchell does but he hasn't said anything. What I miss most of all is the people. My friends and family. I know for sure Mitchell misses our people too. We have been blessed with some great friends out here already and those relationships are steadily growing but it's not the same yet as people you have been friends with for years and years and know your history. I get waves of nostalgia when I think about the time I spent with my sister and how I won't see her for several more months. Or when I have memories of all the fun I had with my roommates before I got married. Or the easiness of being able to go visit my family if I was bored or lonely because they were only a few minutes away. 

I'm not seeking sympathy, just recording when I feel homesick. I love being out here and we have experienced so many cool things from stretching our wings (and comfort zones) a bit. Northern California is a beautiful place to live and since we have had such a mild winter, I am greeted daily by beautiful blue skies and warm afternoons. 

Luckily for me, my mom and grandmother will be here Wednesday through next Tuesday! Texas is coming to California at just the right time. I am looking forward to the adventures we will be taking while they are here and good conversations and laughter. Lots of laughter. I will take lots of pictures and update the blog after their trip! :D

Yay for making it to 50 photos in Project 365! Check it out! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your mom and grandma are coming. That will help tide you over until June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been here in Houston for about a year and a half and I still get homesick. It just happens and building relationships as adults is much harder than as a child. You sound like you are doing great though!

    ReplyDelete