Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Baby's Nursery

It's done! It's done! I posted photos on Facebook but if you are interested on how I did some of the things in there or where I got them, this post will explain more of the details.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I am no interior designer. Not even close but I did my best. I also kept in perspective that this is a baby room. He won't even know this is his room or the fact that I worked hard to make it look cute. So basically this is all for me. I was frugal and reasonable throughout this process.

We decided to keep a guest bed in the room since we have all of our family out of town. Of course when someone comes to stay, they will not be bunking up with the baby as the kid will come sleep with us. But this way grandparents are able to visit for as long as they want without having to pay for a hotel. The bedspread is a duvet cover from Ikea that we got for $40.


This antique trunk was given to me several years ago by my aunt and uncle. Mitchell sanded it down and re-stained it and then we upholstered the top with some quilt batting and cute fabric. It's perfect for toy storage!


These were sweet little boy gifts we were given at showers.


The glider and cornices have their own post. I got the gray and yellow geometric fabric from onlinefabricstore.com for $52. Five yards of gray and two yards of yellow. I seriously can't wait for the rest of his monogram to be on the wall. Those letters are from Hobby Lobby that we just spray painted gray.


The crib and mattress we bought online from Walmart. It's a Graco Freeport 4-in-1 fixed-side crib. The mattress is a Kolcraft Pediatric 800 crib and toddler mattress. The crib and mattress were sold together for only $175! And it converts to a toddler bed! And we payed for it with gift cards! Epic win.

The gray and white polka dot sheet is from Pottery Barn Kids. We bought one for $19 and then a very similar Circo brand sheet from Target for $10 as back up. I made the crib skirt with plain yellow fabric from Hobby Lobby. The crocheted adorable blankie is handmade from Mitchell's mom. I LOVE it.



We decided to get a new dresser because the other one technically broke when we moved out here even though it was still functional. This dresser was $200 from Ikea and it works perfectly as a changing table as well.


See that cute yellow elephant poster? Ikea. It fit so well! The shelf above the changing station is from Ikea as well. We bought an unfinished shelf and then spray painted it gray.


That lamp shade was on sale at Target for $6! And it's their new Threshold brand. The bedside table was already in the room and we just spray painted it gray.


The bookshelf ledges are from Ikea as well. They are Ribba ledges, I believe.


A friend of mine had some of her maternity photos framed in the baby room and I just thought that was such a sweet idea. Plus I loved my maternity photos!


Dresser organization! These divider boxes are from Ikea and a pack comes with several different sizes. In the top drawer I have burp cloths, nursing covers, swaddles, pacifiers, baby toiletries, washcloths and medicine.


In the second drawer I have sleepers, newborn clothes, socks, hats and mittens.


In the third drawer I have the next size of clothes (0-3months), bibs, hooded towels and baby blankets.


Closet organization! Extra diapers, feeding supplies including Medela breast pump and bottles, items for later, extra items like sheets or changing pad covers, bath supplies, and solid food feeding items.


I also have other things for later like our Baby Bullet for making baby food, baby bather once he graduates from the sink to the tub, Bumbo (hand me down), Chicco baby carrier, and other items.


It was a fun process getting ready for his arrival! I hope he appreciates all that we've done for him. (He won't). Now I can kick back and relax until he's here!

4 comments:

  1. You are ready for him now! It all looks so perfect!! In response to your question on my blog, I just felt that since I was sharing so much info about Sadie on the blog, I would rather know exactly who was reading it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Chrissy! Love the organization! But, his monogram is just fine on your wall. M is for Mickey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so good! Great job!

    ReplyDelete