Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mitchell's 26th Birthday

On May 15th, Mitchell turned 26 and considering birthdays are kinda a big deal, I wanted to make sure it was special!

Birthday breakfast: Growing up, Mitchell always had blueberry muffins with "crumblies" (streusel) on top so I got out of bed at the first alarm and whipped them together and got them in the oven. Mitchell woke up right about the time that the aroma of the muffins hit the bedroom.

Birthday presents: Before work, Mitchell opened up his birthday cards and gifts. His parents sent him/us gift cards to the movies and our favorite restaurants. From me, Mitchell got a book about the CIA and a guitar! I am not qualified to pick one out so he just got a picture of a guitar and a promise to find him one!

All his cards and gifts

With his new CIA book from me

Gift cards from mom and dad!

Playing his new guitar... kind of

Birthday work: Mitchell is going to work on his birthday. Apparently he's ready to conquer the world!

Birthday lunch: Freebirds opened a brand new restaurant pretty close to us on Mitchell's birthday so of course, we had to go there! One of Mitchell's coworkers and his family came with us. So many people wished Mitchell a happy birthday because I bought him a "Birthday Boy" pin to wear on his shirt. The entire restaurant even sung him Happy Birthday! Special!
Mitchell with the Mortons


Birthday cake: I took Mitchell's favorite Snickerdoodle cake up to the office to share. One of his coworkers thought it was the perfect cake. I have to agree ;)
Greenleaf saying Happy Birthday!

Birthday dinner: Two couples that we are closest with thus far met us at Cheesecake Factory for Mitchell's birthday dinner. We had a blast! We had a great waitress, great food, great cheesecake, great conversation, great laughs. We are truly blessed with some really great friends!
Happy Birthday from the Cheesecake Factory

With my love on his birthday

With the Nickols and the Lynns


Mitchell says he had a wonderful birthday! I surely hope so. Making someone's birthday special brings me much joy!

1 comment: