Friday, May 25, 2012

One Week in Houston

I have spent my first week of two in Houston, as of today, and it has been so wonderful! Mitchell was with me for Marcia & Topher's wedding weekend and then he flew back Sunday evening and has spent the week working. He is currently on his way back to Houston now and will be here until June 3rd when we both go back.

My mom picked us up from the airport and took us to lunch... at Whataburger! We definitely don't have those in Cali and Mitchell was craving an A1 Thick and Hearty burger. My sister met us up there and I got to see her after 5 months.

The wedding weekend in New Braunfels was beautiful but unfortunately my pictures from that are on the camera and I didn't bring the cable home to connect it to the computer! The Texas Hill Country is my favorite part of Texas so we fully enjoyed being there. At the wedding we got to see a lot of our Houston friends which was so amazing. We miss those guys so much!
Having lunch with Hubs in New Braunfels before the wedding
On Sunday, Mitchell went back to Sac and I have spent the whole week spending time with my family and seeing friends. I'm trying to take pictures of everything I do but I've unfortunately already forgotten some! Bummer!
Cheers to two weeks in Texas with my parents!
Taking my little brother, Ricky to lunch
Happy Hour Sonic drink!
Meeting my brother's girlfriend, Ashlyn and Liddy at Starbucks
One of my old coworkers had her baby a week ago! Meet Baby Damon!
My other old coworker, Laura came along and brought her 9 month old, Easton!
Doing nails with Liddy!
Next week will be just as jam packed with fun activities and seeing people so I'll be sure and update the blog. After living in a completely new place for 5 months it is so relaxing and comforting for me to come back to familiarity. It's so funny how you miss the most insignificant things, like the weather being warm in the mornings, having history at certain places, or favorite restaurants. This trip home has felt like one giant "Ahhhh". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment