Wednesday, August 29, 2012

6 Days with Liddy!

After my parents left to go back to Houston, my 17 year old sister stayed with us for another six days. Mitchell and Liddy have been good friends pretty much ever since they met (I think it's a baby of the family thing). Liddy and I were close growing up because we're 9.5 years apart and the older we get, the closer we get. We were excited to have her stay with us and I think we got to do some pretty awesome things...

After dropping my parents off at the airport on Thursday night, we had dinner at my sister's favorite restaurant...
TACO BELL!

Friday morning, Liddy and I lazed around the house and then in the afternoon took off for the Jelly Belly Factory tour! 


Saturday morning, Mitchell joined us for a trip to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Liddy and Mitchell were pumped about the roller coasters but I have to be having a "brave" day in order to not be nervous about riding them. My feet were definitely sweating the whole way there. BUT, I rode all the rides with them and even sat in the front of the roller coaster when they wanted to see all the drops and in the back when they wanted to go the fastest/highest!


A trip to a theme park would not be complete without a funnel cake!

When we got home that night, Liddy helped make dinner by learning how to dice bell pepper and jalapeno! I almost didn't want to warn her about how to properly remove jalapeno seeds without getting it all over your hands and then in your mouth and eyes but I decided I didn't want to hear whining all evening. ;)



Sunday morning we went to church and then after lunch went out to a beach along the Sacramento River. The water is ice cold!! Literally, it is fed by melted snow so no swimming for us! We laid out on our towels and read our books.


Monday, I had to volunteer at the pregnancy center for a few hours so Liddy hung out at the house by herself and probably watched too many episodes of Breaking Bad. ;P When I got home around 1pm, we had "Movie Monday" and watched Bridesmaids and Tangled in the afternoon and then 50/50 once Mitchell got home. Liddy painted my nails for me because she is a pro at nail painting.


On Tuesday, Liddy and I went back to San Francisco for the day since we mostly stayed on the outer edges of the city with my parents. First stop was the Painted Ladies! Do a YouTube search for "Full House Opening Credits", click on the first video that comes up and compare the picture below with the last scene of that video... identical!


We eventually made our way down to the bay and went to the Exploratorium which is a hands-on science museum. Inside they have a Tactile Dome which is a maze you have to make your way through in complete and total darkness. You can absolutely not be claustrophobic or scared of the dark going through it. We were fine going through it together but if I had been in there alone, I probably would have panicked! 



At the Exploratorium, we stood in rooms too small...


...sat in chairs too big...


...drank out of toilets...



...hugged a tornado...



...took a picture right in front of a water droplet...



...any guesses what is happening in the next picture?? Look closely and see if you can figure it out! I'll tell you below the picture. 



We are sitting opposite each other with a mirror between us, except that slats of the mirror have been taken out so you alternate seeing through to the other person and then your own reflection. I am taking the picture and you see the top of Liddy's head, my eyes and half of my nose, half of Liddy's nose and mouth, my cell phone taking the picture, Liddy's black shirt and then the rest of my hands! Cool, huh?

After making it home from San Francisco, we watched a little tv with Mitchell and a took a sad face picture because Liddy was leaving the next day. Haha, Mitchell is asleep!



Last picture with my little sister before taking her to the airport to fly home by herself for the first time!



We loved having you, Liddy and can't wait to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment