Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas 2012... finally!

Hi! And Happy New Year! We've been back in Sacramento for a week now and I am just now getting around to loading pictures from our trip to Texas on the computer. We had such an incredible time in the great state of TEXAS for Christmas!

I flew in on my sister's 18th birthday and got to celebrate with her! It was supposed to be a surprise but my dad ruined that a long time ago. :P



Once Mitchell got in a few days later, we went to a party that my sweet friend, Hubs threw for us and got to see a lot of our friends that we have missed so dearly. I also got to go to dinner with my besties, Hubs and Meagan and Mitchell had breakfast and lunch with a lot of his old friends at Mustang, his previous employer.

We also celebrated my brother's 22nd birthday with a cookie cake decorated like a Pokeball, compliments of Liddy and 3 games of bowling! Mitchell bowled 4 strikes in a row! Do you know what that's called?! A 4 bagger!


Dad bowling!
Birthday boy Billy bowling!
My turn!
On a lazy Saturday, my parents, sister, Mitchell and I went on a tour around Houston and went for walks around Memorial Park, Herman Park (my favorite place in Houston) and had lunch at Just Mac, a macaroni and cheese bar. Houston may not be the prettiest city in the world but it does have it's gems and it was fun to visit them.

Herman Park
Liddy, me, Mitchell, Dad at Memorial Park
My other brother, Ricky and his wife, Kenzie recently bought a house and have been working so hard at making home improvements. They were so kind to invite us over for games and Christmas Vacation watching so we could see their house. It's gorgeous and they've done an amazing job!

The girls playing Mexican Train
The guys playing Munchkin
We celebrated Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve and pretended like it was Christmas morning and opened all of our gifts. Memom joined us for the fun. That afternoon we went to a get together with almost all of my dad's side of the family. It was so wonderful to see all of them!






That evening we drove to Longview to spend Christmas Day and the next week with Mitchell's family.  We opened gifts with them on Christmas morning and then drove to Grand Prairie to spend Christmas time with their extended family. We had so much fun spending time with them and felt so welcome at Susie's house for 4 days!



Snow in Dallas/Fort Worth! We had a White Christmas!
Nana and Maggie!
Alex (cousin), Alicia (his wife), and Mitchell 
Mitchell's mom, sister Katy and Aunt Susie
On December 30th, we drove back to Houston to spend New Year's Eve with my family. We enjoyed popping firecrackers and playing Mexican Train to keep us awake until midnight. We joyfully rang in the New Year and then went to bed!

Playing a new game



On New Year's Day we flew back to Sacramento!


It was a whirlwind trip seeing so many friends and family members but we loved every minute of it!

4 comments:

  1. "Just Mac, a macaroni and cheese bar"?!?!? Sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in Longview at the same time! Glad y'all had a great trip back to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO sad I didn't get to see you!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved having you guys at my house. It was so nice to just visit!

    ReplyDelete