Sunday, February 17, 2013

On being pregnant


Photo creds: Ashlyn Seifert
Today marks the beginning of the second trimester and it is so warmly welcomed! 14 weeks! Hurray!

Everybody's body is different and you don't know how you're going to handle the first trimester. Some are lucky and have no morning sickness (which really lasts all day) and some have it so bad they're hospitalized because they can't keep anything down. I wasn't anywhere close to being hospitalized but I was pretty sick for about 6 weeks, which is a long freakin' time. I was a couch potato. Literally. I laid on the couch and ate carbs because they were the only thing that consistently went down easily. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place because laying on the couch all day isn't fun but when I would go out and try to do something I was miserable and wanted to be back on the couch. Sighhhh, that's why I'm so excited to be feeling better and like a normal human being! But those of you ladies who want to have kids at some point, don't be discouraged. You never know how you're body is going to handle it! Plus I hear it's worth it in the end. ;)

So here are the answers to the common questions I get...
NO, it was not a surprise. Awkward question to be asked anyway. I wholeheartedly believe God gives people a baby when God wants you to have a baby, whether that's a month after being ready, or one year, or four years. We are so not in control.
YES, we are going to find out the sex of the baby. That will happen at the beginning of April because our doctor doesn't do it until 20 weeks and I'm okay with waiting until then. It's like a halfway through reward.
YES, we are staying in California. Remember, this isn't a permanent move and we would love to be back in Texas eventually but only once we feel like our time here is done.
NO, we don't have a name yet but I'm pretty sure that once we do, it'll be a secret between the two of us until she/he arrives.

Mitchell and I are so excited about this new phase of life we are about to begin. We have cherished the time we've had together just the two of us and are making the most of Sunday afternoon naps, sleeping in, only taking care of two adults, no diapers and sleeping through the night. :) I thank God that I have a loving spouse to go through this with who has already selflessly served our family.

Coming soon: a blog about breaking the news to our family!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to find out if the baby will be a boy or girl! You and Mitchell will be great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully support you not telling us what you will call Bebe til they come, however you need to know in my head they will be called Bebe Little Fatty til they come (due to the last photo, and it is only with tons of love I call he/she that.) I also support any name that includes the following: Danger, Katherine, Kate, Katy, MyAuntIsTheBest, Texas or other such names.

    ReplyDelete