Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Baby BOY Martin

First off let's clarify something I learned in my sociology class in college...

A person's sex is what their chromosomes say that determines their reproductive organs - male (XY) or female (XX).
A person's gender is how they perceive themselves - masculine or feminine.

So this is a sex reveal, not a gender reveal. Hokay, onto the important stuff...

Drumroll please!

It's going to be a zoo around our house because we are having a BOY!


For whatever reason, I was convinced prior to our ultrasound this morning that we were having a girl. I have no idea why but obviously I was very wrong. As soon as his you-know-what popped up on the screen I knew what it was and that we were having a boy. Mitchell yelled something like, "Hot Dog! We're having a boy!". My heart quickly switched to being so excited. Ah, a boy! Our little man!

During this ultrasound they also checked the brain, heart, diaphragm, liver, kidneys, femur, umbilical cord and we got to see plenty of our little wiggle worm moving around in there. I am SO SO overjoyed to say that everything checked out and our baby is developing fabulously. We'll get the official results from our OB on Friday. Seriously, I couldn't praise God enough, especially after all of my fears. Praise Him from whom all blessings flow...

So there you have it! Mitchell and I are pumped to say that we are having a SON come August! :)

5 comments:

  1. Yayyyy!! Congratulations! Now I know what colors to start knitting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Where did you get that adorable onsie???

    Excited for you both and looking forward to eventually meeting your baby boy :D

    ReplyDelete