Friday, April 13, 2012

The Big Spill

Ah, my bad luck continues...

On Tuesday afternoon, I went for a run around my neighborhood, something I have done several times since moving here. This time, however, it didn't end well. I had already done my usual lap that is about 1.5 miles and was on my second lap when the sidewalk suddenly reached out and grabbed my foot. At about the time I realized I was falling, I hit the sidewalk. BAM! My first thought after landing was if anyone saw it happen. No one was around... perfect! If I get hurt and people show pity/concern for me, I'm going to cry. If I can just walk it off, I'm fine. I was up on my feet and walking back home before anyone could see me.

The sad thing was, I was literally as far away from home on my route that I could have been so I had about a 20 minute walk ahead of me with a bleeding leg, two bleeding knees and a bleeding hand. Not cool. I kept my eyes down as I passed people and kept on walking. I texted Mitchell to let him know what happened and he received this lovely picture...
And then I took this one once I got home

Now three days later, things are healing well but I'm still not wearing pants because it hurts too bad on my leg. I've never fallen like that before and I am very thankful that it was just my skin that has to heal and not my bones. It could have been a lot worse and it makes a good story!

In other good news, I took and passed the test I have to take to get certified to substitute/teach in California! Whoop!

4 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I fall often when running...and have been seen by neighbors or other runners each time which makes it super awkward. Glad your hands and knee are healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it was my first fall ever so I was a bit shocked. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Least you didn't break your arm this time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True! But Ricky wasn't here to push me down so I was safe.

    ReplyDelete