Tuesday, November 20, 2012

DIY: Spicing up a mirror

Years ago when I moved into a house with my old roommates, Meagan and Hubs, my mom and I walked around Ikea looking for decorating ideas. I didn't have a floor length mirror so we ended up buying one there that had no frame at all. It was literally just the mirror and I never hung it. It just leaned against the wall behind the door. And it has continued to do so until I saw this great idea on Pinterest (of course).

Shanty2Chic Mirror

Luckily my husband is handy and always up for a craft so we spent part of a Saturday turning my plain, boring mirror into this...

Ugh, I caught the eyesore of our office space in the reflection. Ignore please!
All we needed was the 1x6 boards, stain and Loctite to glue the mirror to the boards. I literally followed the instructions exactly on the blog and ended up with a super cute mirror! My only tip would be to be sure and wipe the mirror clean of any Loctite that may have oozed out when you placed the mirror onto the wood. I haven't exactly decided where I want that mirror but I know once I find that perfect spot for it, it's going to be awesome.

1 comment: