Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving & the weekend

This blog post almost didn't happen because iPhoto deleted all of my pictures once I uploaded them and deleted them off the SD card. Luckily, Mitchell is tech-savvy and patient enough to recover them. Phew!

When we decided to do Disneyland in November we realized we wouldn't be able to come home for Thanksgiving. We hoped that with all our out of town friends in Sac, we'd be able to find some people to spend Thanksgiving with but everyone left town. We thought it was going to be slightly depressing to not be able to be with family on that special holiday but it actually ended up being a great weekend!

Starting the day right with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and a yummy breakfast!
We also enjoyed FaceTime-ing with both of our families when they were gathered with extended family!

Our neighborhood is full of trees that have all changed color with the season. I am admittedly obsessed so we took a walk to take pictures.

Don't you want to go run through those leaves!?


Our orange trees are growing up some incredible navel oranges! Just a few more months!
This Christmas will be our first Christmas that we get to have a real tree so I spent part of Thanksgiving morning wrapping up this tree skirt!

I'm a little excited about decorating our first real Christmas tree! I saw an idea on a blog I follow for making homemade ornaments and recruited some help to make a few!

A good sport!

That evening we decided to make a traditional Thanksgiving dinner even though it's just the two of us. I just couldn't NOT have turkey on Thanksgiving so I bought a frozen turkey breast that was plenty of meat for the two of us.
Turkey on the platter and stirring the gravy!
Turkey, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and homemade bread
Someone is excited!
Happy Thanksgiving!
After dinner we got a wild hair in us to go get a BluRay player at Walmart for $38. Well as I'm sure you know, Walmart opened their doors at 8pm this year. We got there around 8:30 and it was PACKED! I have never seen so many people in a Walmart. It was total chaos and almost scary. Our player wasn't released until 10pm so we had some time to kill and take this picture. 


Most excited about this!
On Friday we decided to go out and get our Christmas tree since we will only be able to enjoy it for 3 weeks before going home for Christmas. We always had a fake tree growing up so this was my first experience picking out a real tree! Super exciting! So many choices!

Have I ever told you how much I love our Honda CR-V? She fit right in!

Tree skirt!
All decorated! Check out those homemade ornaments!
Adding the bow on top!
Saturday was a much more chill day and Mitchell started the day off washing the car, which is a huge blessing to me. Love language!

We did some Christmas shopping that afternoon, which I won't elaborate on because then it wouldn't be a surprise!

Lastly we got some Christmas lights hung up outside! Christmas cheer!

Happy heart!
What an incredible weekend we had! I'm so thankful that I can spend 4 days straight with my husband and have so much fun. Btw, we have a slight Harry Potter addiction now and are on the 4th movie!

2 comments:

  1. Just precious! So glad you guys got to do a holiday together just the two of you :) It's such a fun and sweet memory that I know you'll treasure! Can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great weekend; however, next Thanksgiving you will be at GG2013!

    ReplyDelete