Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I called the police

Last night, Mitchell and I got home at dusk from driving 4 hours down south to check out a power plant for a few hours and then driving 4 hours back. When we pulled up to our house there was a car parked over half way in front of our driveway! Check it out:


Now we usually have people parking in front of our house because we live across the street from a florist and very close to a popular restaurant, Trader Joe's and other shops. I don't mind that people are always coming and going. Sometimes they park a little close to the driveway and may have their nose sticking over a little. It's frustrating but still no big deal, I let it go. But this crossed my threshold of what I could forgive.

We knocked on our neighbors' doors and the car didn't belong to them or anyone they knew. The florist was closed so I called the police and reported it to have them come tow it. I felt like a jerk but it was also extremely inconsiderate of the owner of that car to do plus we had to leave and go return the rental car! Luckily Mitchell was able to finagle our car out of the garage and we went on our way. While we were at Enterprise I got a call from the police saying they were in front of our house and the car was gone. I apologized for making him come out there for nothing but he assured me it was no big deal.

I promise I'm not a jerk. I am more prone to letting things go than getting upset about it but this was one of my allowed "excuse me" moments. :) Don't judge me!

1 comment:

  1. I would never judge you! We all have our thresholds :) You should only see me in Houston traffic! LOL

    ReplyDelete