Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DIY/Home Improvement Craze

I don't know what was in the water in Texas but ever since being down there, I have had the itch to do fun little DIY, home improvement projects around our house. I have about a million things running through my mind...

Here are some of my ideas that I am for sure about...
-sadly I can't paint the walls since we are just renters* so I'm trying to find ways to add a fun accent color into our rooms through throw pillows, painting furniture, curtains, etc
-come up with a fun center piece for our dining table
-paint one of our dressers in a fun way - you take out the drawers and paint the shell of the dresser and then find fun knobs that match the new paint color
-find some cute wall decals since I can't paint fun patterns/stripes on the walls
-laminate a map of the world, glue to cork board and put pins where we've been - I have always wanted to do this** so I'm finally currently working on this one...
-learn to sew and make my own pillow cases, curtains, whatever!

I will post pictures/stories about my attempts at being crafty. I am not a very creative, out of the box thinker and I am usually not patient enough with crafts so we'll see how this goes!

*even if the landlord was okay with me painting the walls, I would loathe having to paint them back when we move out. I'd rather have my oatmeal colored walls the entire time we live here than paint twice, the second time not even being for my benefit.
**I could stare at a map of the world for hours and hours and hours. I love looking at the places I've been and ALL the places I haven't been. Our world is pretty big. One of my lifelong goals is to visit each continent on Earth, except Antartica. Who would want to go there anyway? No thanks! So I am 2 down (North America and Europe), 4 to go! Mitchell has one up on me because he's been to India so I guess he can cross Asia off his list.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! You'll have to let me know what projects work out really well. I'm always looking for something to change.

    ReplyDelete