Friday, June 29, 2012

My 27th Birthday

Yay for birthdays! Everyone should be celebrated on their birthday and feel special. Birthdays are kinda a big deal to me so I'm thankful for a husband, family and friends who went out of their way to make feel so loved on my special day.

Mitchell got up early to make me some blueberry muffins. He was so sweet - he even cleaned up after himself! He wanted to make sure I didn't have to do dishes on my birthday. 
As you can see, we are also decorated for the 4th of July!
After he left for work, I spent some time reading birthday messages on Facebook or text message. I enjoyed talking on the phone with a few people who called to wish me happy birthday. My brother and sister-in-law even Skyped me from Italy! 

I went for a walk around my neighborhood because it was such a pretty day! I could go for walks every day and not get tired of the beautiful houses and yards.
Missing my walking buddies, Allyson and little Colton but still enjoying my walk!

For lunch, I rode my bike into midtown and met Mitchell for lunch at Cafe Bernardo. We walked to our favorite cupcake place and got a birthday cupcake. 


I ran a few errands after lunch and got home to two packages on our front door - my birthday gift from my family and Mitchell.


I love the gifts from my parents, Liddy and even our puppy, Ginger wrote me a card! ;D I heart Vera Bradley - super cute stuff! My mom and Liddy did good picking out cute patterns.
Makeup bag from Liddy
Weekender bag from Mom, Dad and Billy
And my big birthday gift: a new sewing machine!! I've been interested in learning to sew for awhile now. I just feel like it's one of those skills I should at least have some basic knowledge of. I almost asked for one for Christmas but my sister-in-law did and I didn't want to copy. :P 

After doing a bunch of research on sewing machines and asking a bunch of friends what they have, I settled on a Brother CS6000i. There are SO many options for sewing machines. This one seemed to be decently priced, simple to use but with enough functions for me to learn as a I grow in my skills. 
Birthday cards and gifts!
I enjoyed getting to chat with more people who called on my birthday: mom, Liddy, Hubs, Meagan (best friends), Dad, my MIL...

When Mitchell got home from work, we went to dinner at this great restaurant around the corner from our house. I love being able to walk to so many fun places in our neighborhood! 
Sweet husband came home with beautiful flowers for my birthday
After dinner, we came back home and I played with my sewing machine and Mitchell played some music on his guitar. We love our birthday gifts!

*I have learned to never underestimate what can happen in a year. On my 25th birthday I never would have thought I would be engaged when I was turning 26. On my 26th birthday I never would have guessed I'd be living in California when I was turning 27. On my 27th birthday I never would guess that I'd be ____________ when I turn 28. I can't wait to see what God will write in that blank!* 

1 comment:

  1. Chrissy, it makes me so happy to read your blog and I love what you said at the end about never being able to guess what God has in store for us even just a year down the road...it reminds me of 1 Cor 2:9 (no eye has seen, no ear has heard, etc). I love you! And I think you are going to be an awesome sew-er. :)

    ReplyDelete