Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Vacation Bible School

Last week, our church put on Vacation Bible School for preschool and elementary age kids. I volunteered to be a small group leader with one of the preschool groups. I was in charge of rotating my group of kids around to all the different stations: music, craft, puppet show, recreation and snack! My good buddy Allyson did it with me. We had SO much fun! Even though it was only from 9am-12pm, it was exhausting!
Playing with play-doh before VBS started!

ALL of our preschoolers singing a song during large group time

Music time with Emily

Puppet show time with Freddie the Frog

Snack time - mixing up some blueberry pancakes

The orange group with Allyson and I
I will spare the videos of me singing "Put your finger on the wall, on the wall..."! In order to get the kids to walk in a line from classroom to classroom, we would have them drag their finger along the wall and sing a song. It worked so well! They walked in the straightest line and didn't get mixed up with other groups walking around!

It was a great week - I was very blessed by these sweet kids and all the ladies I worked with.

1 comment: